Psalm 65

...You crown the year with a bountiful harvest; even the hard pathways overflow with abundance...They all shout and sing for joy! -Psalm 65

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Roll with it

If there's anything I'm learning these days, it's to relax and roll with it. I once thought I was a pretty easy-going person, even keel and not bothered by much. Then I became a mother, and I realized that I am all those things but only when things go the way I want them to. And with four preschoolers of my own, things rarely go the way I want them to! A friend recently encouraged me to picture myself riding a wave at the beach when things aren't going as planned. In her wisdom I think she knew I'd understand the word picture and love it since I'm SO fond of the beach. Well, she was right! I have been encouraging myself to ride the wave especially when I'm feeling anxious or uptight about things not going the way I thought I wanted them to go. For example, I have an adorable 3 year old sitting next to me as I type this, and according to my plan it's about 15 minutes past his bedtime! But, rather then get myself in a huff, and be uptight about the deviation from what I want, I've decided to take a deep breathe, relax, and roll with it....who know's what fun this ride will be, but certainly it will be over soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment